Already have a Username/Password for Inland Waters?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Manuscripts should be submitted to Inland Waters via the FBA's online journal system. To ensure we can process your manuscript efficiently, please read the guidance documents below and make sure your manuscript falls within the scope of the journal by checking our Focus and Scope page.
Articles of 7 pages or more will attract page charges at a rate of $150 per page for SIL members or $175 per page for nonmenbers, from page 7 onwards. This does not apply to Plenary Lectures.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been published previously and it is not being considered for publication elsewhere, either in whole or substantial part.
- All persons entitled to authorship have been so included, have read the submitted version of the manuscript and approve its submission.
- The manuscript is in Microsoft Word (2000 or later) file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- References cited in the text have been cross-checked against the end references, and the end references conform to the journal house style.
- The primary author has obtained all necessary permissions for reproducing figures/images and text extracts, and will submit evidence of such permissions during step 4 as Supplementary Files.
- High-resolution graphics/image files of all figures are available and will be provided if the manuscript is accepted.
The submitting author (or their employer, if the author is not entitled to do so) will be required to check a box indicating that they have read, understood and accept the terms of this Copyright Notice.
This article is submitted for publication in Inland Waters by me. I, the author (or his/her employer) confirm that:
- this article has not been published previously and it is not being considered for publication elsewhere, either in whole or substantial part;
- all persons entitled to authorship have been so included;
- all authors have read the submitted manuscript and approve its submission;
- the work conforms to the legal requirements of the country in which it was carried out, including those relating to conservation and welfare.
* Excepting content for which I do not own the copyright but have obtained the necessary permission to reproduce. (Note: evidence of such permissions must be uploaded during step four of the submission process (Supplementary Files)).
Rights of authors, publication, and permissions to reproduce
The author retains the right to:
- display the submitted version of the manuscript (as first submitted to Inland Waters, prior to peer review), and/or the abstract only of the published article, on their personal/academic website(s);
- use (and permit others to use) the submitted version within their own organisation for non-commercial uses, e.g. for teaching purposes
Unpublished manuscript [if applicable]. The full text of this article is published in Inland Waters, [insert volume no., issue no., pages, and DOI], available online at www.fba.org.uk/journals.
Authors who have paid an ‘Open Early’ fee have the right to:
- display the published PDF of the article on their personal/academic website;
- deposit the PDF in their institutional repository, provided this is non-commercial;
- use (and permit others to use) the PDF within their own organisation for non-commercial uses, e.g. teaching purposes
Inland Waters will publish the above article electronically and also in hard copy format. Transfer of copyright covers the right to reproduce and distribute the article and all of its components. Inland Waters may also make the article available to developing countries via AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture), OARE (Online Access to Research in the Environment) and/or similar initiatives. The full text of the article will be made freely available online 3 years (36 months) after online publication, with the exception of Research Briefs (which will be freely available online immediately upon publication) and ‘Open Early’ articles (which will be freely available online upon payment of the appropriate fee).
It is anticipated that in most circumstances permission to reproduce the article will be given to the author, providing SIL is acknowledged. Each instance will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Editor in such instances.
This Agreement will become binding from the date that the Author's Agreement box is checked. If the article is not accepted for publication, this Agreement will be null and void.
Copyright notice as at 31 January 2011.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.