Already have a Username/Password for Freshwater Reviews?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Manuscripts and supplementary materials should be submitted to Freshwater Reviews via the FBA’s online journal system. To ensure we can process your manuscript efficiently, we ask that you read these summary guidelines and refer to the full guidance in the PDF document below.
- Submission to Freshwater Reviews implies that the manuscript has not been published nor is being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Please follow the instructions provided by the journal system for correctly uploading your manuscript. This includes ensuring that your name and abstract have been removed and entered into the correct fields at the time of upload.
- It is the author’s responsibility to obtain all necessary permissions to use any images/figures that are not their own. Freshwater Reviews may need to see written confirmation that the author has permission to reproduce materials.
- All manuscripts should be submitted in a Microsoft Word document with minimal text formatting (whilst ensuring that titles and different sections are clearly identified). Manuscripts should be submitted in English, using UK English spellings (i.e. not U.S. spellings).
- Images, figures and tables should not be included in the manuscript but should be uploaded as separate, supplementary files. Please give figure legends after the references in your manuscript. Original, high-quality pictures should be provided as TIFF/JPEG files; line drawings should be provided as EPS files.
These are summary points only and authors should refer to the full Author’s Guidelines in the PDF file below.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been published previously, nor is it being considered for publication elsewhere, either in whole or substantial part.
- The primary author has obtained all necessary permissions for reproducing figures/images and text extracts.
- All persons entitled to authorship have been so included, have read the submitted version of the manuscript and approve its submission.
- The manuscript is in Microsoft Word (2000 or later) .doc file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Images, graphs and figures are provided seperately at the highest resolution available. These are named following the Author Guidelines.
Transfer of copyright agreement
Submission of a manuscript indicates a tacit understanding that the paper is not actively under consideration for publication with other journals. Upon submission, the submitting author will have to check a box indicating that they have read, understood and accept the terms of the copyright agreement.
The named article is submitted for publication in Freshwater Reviews by me. This article has not been published previously and it is not being considered for publication elsewhere. Copyright to the above work (including all text, photographs, images, tables and graphs) is hereby transferred to the Freshwater Biological Association (FBA). The undersigned accepts responsibility for transferring copyright on behalf of any co-authors. The author undertakes to ensure he or she has the suitable rights to all content and are legally permitted to transfer ownership to the FBA.
The author retains the right to:
- Display their own version of the manuscript, as originally submitted to Freshwater Reviews, on their personal/academic website(s) with a link to the final version on Freshwater Reviews;
- Use (and permit others to use) their original manuscript within their own organisation for non-commercial uses, e.g. for teaching purposes, on the condition that the Freshwater Biological Association is cited correctly as the publisher.
Freshwater Reviews will publish the above article electronically on its electronic journal server and also in hard copy format. Transfer of copyright covers the right to reproduce and distribute the article and all of its components. Freshwater Reviews may also make the article available to developing countries via Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) and Online Access to Research in the Environment (OARE). This copyright agreement will become binding from the date that the copyright box is checked.
It is anticipated that in most circumstances permission to reproduce the article will be given to the author, providing the FBA is acknowledged. Each instance will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the FBA in such instances.
Copyright notice as at 19 December 2011.
The names and email addresses entered on the FBA's eJournal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and FBA business. They will not be made available to any other party.